Iridium spark plugs in a redhead?

NGK Nickel Spark Plug (BR9ES) $1.43 at Advance Auto...order online and pick-up at local store enter discount code DOW50 at checkout.

Is there anything on here how to do the plug caps, and what to snip back?

Also , why is it better for these sleds to kill it with full choke?

plug caps just screw on and off. no need to snip unless the end is corroded. As for killing the sled with the choke ive never done or had to do so im not sure.

I tried the densos last season which one of my buddies had with him they are a little better then the BR9ES bit not worth the extra cost for a stock sled if you want to run a better plug I would stick with NGK for sure try the BR9EIX that's what I run now and I like them but they are about $4 more my sled is more responsive with them. Hope this helps

A Couple of Bucks......are your thoughts and suggestions still the same for swapping out plug caps. Some of the links from this conversation are 5 years old and seem to lead to dead ends. Do you have any

I have a 99 SRX and Vmax 600SX and three 01 SX700Rs to look after these days. I've been on TY daily reading and learning. Almost everyday I run across easy and relatively cheap upgrades like this and it seems like a no brainer I should implement them. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Definitely!! Just cut the wire off at the plug cap. That way you are into fresh/no patina wire. They do unscrew if you want but you’ll end up cutting the same amount off.
Vasoline up the wire and cap before screwing the new ones on.
I also supplemented the original wires w/ standard black rubber fuel line.

I did fix the links.

Back