enclosed trailer cap individual sections.......... thule snopro

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I bought this trailer last fall and it works great,it has a white clamshell which is what I was looking for,it tows nice and has the room for my sleds.Last night while backing inot my driveway I was being too anxious and not paying enough attention and ended up too close to a tree branch which punched a hole in the back of the clamshell,needless to say I was pissed with a capital P.Anyway I figure I'll see if I can get it welded for now but I would like to get a new or even used panel to replace the damaged one with eventually.I know once it's welded it'll be fine but it's just the thought of having a blemished panel on my trailer.
So what I would like to know is what's the chances of finding a replacement panel for this trailer?It say SnoPro on the side and the original registration says that the manufacturer is Thule.I'm trying to find a dealer here in NB,Canada but figure I'll probably have better luck in the US so if anybody might know where I could look that'd be great.

In my experience most clamshells are added on after the open trailer leaves the factory. The only clamshells I have ever owned that were factory assembled have ben R&R. I would search the clamshell itself for any kind of tagging/labeling. Is yours ribbed or smooth? Wheres the hole at? Big ole sticker cover it?

It is the ribbed panel style and now that you mention that I've seen a few other trailers around with caps on them with pretty similar looking panels so it might just be possible to find another one.As far as the hole it isn't in a spot that a sticker would cover well but once I get the tear fixed I may just try and put something over it somehow.Thanks for the idea.

I have seen more than few that have ben patched, putting the patch on the inside will make it less noticeable. I have seen patch riveted on some as well as others that just gooped a bunch of sealant on patch and then just stuck it on. Is the skin screwed or riveted on? If a replacement panel can't be found you might try to see if you could get one made. Doubtful it could be exactly matched but close enough that some one that didn't know wouldn't notice.

It is screwed on and I think I'll see if I can figure out how to get it off and take it to the local machine shop to see if they can weld it for me.I figure if they can weld it up I'll get the welds smoothed out somewhat and put the paint to it to hide as much as possible.I can't imagine where I'd ever get a panel made around here but it would be nice to find some place that could.

It is screwed on and I think I'll see if I can figure out how to get it off and take it to the local machine shop to see if they can weld it for me.I figure if they can weld it up I'll get the welds smoothed out somewhat and put the paint to it to hide as much as possible.I can't imagine where I'd ever get a panel made around here but it would be nice to find some place that could.

Might be better off to have them look at it before you try to take it apart. That skin is usually pretty thin and I think would be quite a challenge to weld it.

Back