is 3 people on a two up legal?

flyboeing757

my wife and i are thinking of taking the kids to wisconsin to do some riding(on 2 two-ups), and i was wondering if this is illegal. i would have my 4 yr old in front of me with a harness and my 9 yr old on the back with my wife hauling the 8 yr old. have a call in to the wdnr but am still waiting for a response........ saw a few sleds last year with guys haulin' kids that way. i know the 4 yr is ready for it cause he rode 90 miles with me one day last year and was pissed when we stopped.............

thanks

brian

Unlike PWC, I don't think this is illegal. I see many 1 person sleds in Wisconsin with a young kid in front of them just as you describe. Let me check the rules.

So I just read all 24 page of the rule book for Wisconsin, and it said absolutely nothing about the number of riders on
A snowmobile. So, no law saying it can't be done means you are good to go. I know the skidoo 2 ups have an optional 3rd seat

thanks..... i looked thru all the pages too and couldn't find anything that adresses that... the lady at the dnr office said that with pwc's, the # of seats you have is the max number you can have on those but couldn't find anything with the sleds.that's why i'm trying to contact the wdnr officers. i'm dying to take the kids out cause they keep bugging me but i want to make sure i don't get a friggin' dnr ticket 40 miles from the cabin.

brian

also---- i've seen the 3 seat skidoo and that would be great but as i give my brother crap who rides a mxz500, anytime i see the hood up i call that "the skidoo salute"...........

brian

I call that the cat's calling. Lol

I just think it's crazy that Wisconsin is so adamant about posting laws for PWC as far as capacity, but don't have anything about sleds and capacity. I could spend a couple of beers with of time telling you why I think this is. ;)

Last edited:
just heard from the dnr officer and he said that it's all legal. in wisconsin you can ride 2 on a single or three on a two up and off you go.

thanks again
brian

Back