Update on buds Cat experience '12 F8

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
In the post "buds new cat" I mentioned I have a friend that had a bad experience with a Cat dealer and a leftover F8,when he went to pick it up while loading it the clutch supposedly exploded.Well I got to actually talk to my bud on Saturday past and got the story straight from him so this is what went down.He is sitting in the yard waiting for the salesman to bring the sled out to load it up and he notices him pulling on the cord rather than using the electric start,he shrugs it off,goes over to see what's up and the salesman says that the starter wont engage.This was ONE of the updates that was SUPPOSED to be done to the sled.So as my bud is standing there the salesman says he'll try the starter again,he hit the key and the worst grinding,crunching noise came out of it.That was the starter ring coming off,update number TWO.Once the ring came off it took out the starter motor,made quite a mess of it too from what my bud said.So he's standing there listening to a bunch of excuses from the salesman and mechanic but it basically boils down to their lack of respect for a customer,all they wanted to do was get the sled out the door rather than perform updates mandated by Cat.That was when he told them to take that piece of s@#t (his words) back into their shop and get his money back.

To add insult to injury on the Cats behalf he stopped in at a Doo dealer and bought a new Renegade lol so Cat not only lost a sale but a potential life long customer.But in all fairness to Cat this should fall squarely on the shoulders of the crappy service ,or lack of, performed by this particular dealer.But then again Cat needs to have a little more R&D done on stuff like this,why would they expect the customer to be the test and tune team?Yes I realize every make has it's faults but Cat seems to have the lions share of them.

Back