All this snow and can't ride the trails!!!!

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Well thanks to the ice/freezing rain storm that rolled through last weekend our local trails are pretty much blocked off,I can't believe it,all this snow with more on the way tomorrow night and we can't get through the majority of our trails.I tried to go for a ride today and got about,oh I'd say,25 feet before I was confronted with a blanket of downed white birches and alders.Discouraging doesn't begin to describe the feeling of sledders around here,now we have the task of clearing all this mess up so we can enjoy what is arguably the best start to winter we've had for quite a few,sledding wise that is ;)!.

Well it happens. At least you still have some snow. We lost all of our entirely. Hmmm. The lake is still frozen for now, one large flat sheet of ice. Boreing.

The clubs could certainly use some help from the sledding community to get this mess cleaned up. I dont know how it works in Canada but I know down here while all the sledders that don't even belong to the local club are out enjoying the trails the club members and their family are stuck cleaning this mess up.

It's a mess up here as well! It's all volunteer work up here in canada. It's extremely frustrating that this happened, because it had been the best start in many years. We went out and cleared a bunch of trees on our vintage ride we do every Sunday last Sunday. Every little bit helps I guess...

Back