Viper carb vent lines

cadiyama

I would like to here from guy and gals that have their vipers piped.
What did you do with the carb vent lines? Did ya leave stock and
attached to airbox, or did you remove them from the airbox and place
them underneath? Just read an article about piped vipers not being able
to get rich enough with vent lines attached as stock. Thanks for your replies.

jetting is a lot different on carb vent going to airbox vs not going to airbox! If you have jetting specs for not being plugged to airbox and plug it into airbox it will burn down!
Check w/ your piped manufacture. Plugged to airbox is ~ 162 mains and unplugged is ~ 150 mains, BUT Check w/ your piped manufacture.

Hauck unpluggs vents and Bendar keeps them plugged into airbox.

Last edited:
I´m running bender pipes with the vent plugged. Main´s 3*165, pilot 3*52,5...Go with the manufacturs guidelines. I think Hauck & AAEN are running their pipes with the vents unhooked.

I am running the 03 mtn viper with slps and an atacc system and stock carb venting with 165 in #1 and 162.5 in the other 2 with special shims(from EGT) came with race pac...just put on NO2 and dialing it in...so far 3000kms on this setup and awesome :yam:

Robban M said:
I think Hauck & AAEN are running their pipes with the vents unhooked.

Hauck is running the carb vents unplugged on both sets of pipes he sells, Olav still wants the vent hooked to the airbox on the stock motor Vipers & unhooked when you get to the world of bigbores & bored carbs.

Running the carb vent unhooked richens the fuel mixture because of the higher underhood pressure to the carbs & calling for smaller jets. But now you are running the leaner Viper nozzles, needles & timing spike so who knows? I switched to the SRX brass & needles on my BB because like Olav said venting to the airbox would no longer work.

You have a chit load of SRX's running w/out problem vented underhood & then comes the Viper & a chit load of burndowns after piping vented to the airbox. It does make one wonder whats going on.

Back