Snow.................... easy come easy go

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Well this is 2 rain storms in less than a week and now it's going to be mild during the days to the tune of about 5 degrees Celsius above freezing for the next 4 days.This time last weekend we had in the neighborhood of 2 plus feet of snow,now I'd hazard a guess that there's a foot or less left at best and it's forecasting like an inch of rain yet to fall tonight.:o| So much for our best start to sledding season in years.A group of us went for a ride last night just because of the weather forecast otherwise I'd have past on riding on the icy hard packed trails.I never even bothered to look at my sliders today.

I hear yah. Couldnt ask for a better early start to the season. And I only got my sled together for about 5 rides. Now theres not a flick of rideable snow left and the sleds are back in the shed. Not the usual mid January weather thats for sure.

Just got some rain here in Ottawa as well. Got a really nice start off to the season, a good two feet of snow before Christmas. Not too sure what to say about now.

Same here trails where great then two rain storms and every thing is all hard and lost about 6" of snow pack.

I'm actually surprised at how well our base held up yesterday. I'm sure it's going to be hard as a rock when it cools back down this week but I was expecting to have nothing left.

Back