Finally got me a VMax 4

Loosenuts

1993 all stock....now the fun begins. I have been reading on this site and VMax4.com until my brain turned to mush. Where and what to start with for mods. I would like to pipe it....but what is available for options? I also have a brand new stock suspension from my 97 vmax 600 sx and a M10 which should I use??? Any preferences? The suspension in it has some issues and I would like it to ride a little better.

if ya add pipes to a 93, they will peak anywhere from stock rpm, to 9000. depends on what brand you get. they are out there. i love psi, but others are good too. you than will need to re-jet and re-clutch. i cant answer your suspension questions. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I like the PSI pipes also I have used them on some other sleds before.....just have to find some. So do you have to weld the crank with just PSI pipes or all pipes?

I wouldn't trust those 750 cranks at anything above 8500. They are too prone to coming out of phase. It's a good idea anyways for peace of mind. A welded 750 crank is a tough piece of engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i disagree. the 750 lower end will handle 9000 or less with no issues. but with that said, sure piece of mind is nice to have 3:16 (yammie tony)

Check the white tabs in the air box to make sure somebody has removed them, they can break off and do voodoo to your motor.

If you are having problems with noise issues concerning after market pipes with the dnr, you could go with a stock 800 pipes. Good for 9hp, but you have to have the y pipes.

Back