Calling all suspension experts ****

BlueSRX7

Suspension Question. - RX-1 in a SRX 700 ** help**

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the rear suspension on my SRX 700. I blew out my last rear suspension (long travel upgraded), and replaced it with a 2004 brand new RX-1 rear. I was told they were virtually identical and it should work perfectly.
After I finished installing it, it seems to be sitting very low – much like the stock suspension (8 inch) use to look.
When I had both suspensions out and side by side they looked identical, mounting points and all.

My question(s) is there anything I might have adjusted incorrectly that has caused this? Is there anything I can adjust to raise the rear and still not hinder the performance. Is there anything to worry about?
All said and done, the sled used to sit and look bad *** – now it looks like a stocker!
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

to start with the skid is not the same. the upper rear shaft is narrower by one inch. you should either shim your tunnel out at that location or install your srx upper rear shaft in that skid. other than that the question is kinda vague, pleas post some pictures or give detailed description of settings, gaps and spacers used with this installation.
a picture would be great if you could.

Back