02 srx headlight

cwcsrx700

VIP Member
Last weekend in da up would start up the old girl in the morning and it would take about 2-3 minutes for dash and low beams to power up. High beams would take even longer 7-10 min? My dealer blamed it on the cold weather (still have warranty till 1-23). Is this normal? Was about -10 -15. The problem seems to be consistent with the temp., works fine when it's 10 or warmer. THANKS.

I have an 02 as well and have experienced the same problem when it is -5 or lower. My buddys 02 does the same thing.

If I remember right, there is an updated headlight relay to fix that. I 02 srx used to do that same thing and I called my dealer and told me to bring him the relay for a new one...Its work fine sense..... ;)!

MY 02 ALSO DOSE THIS IN EXTREME COLD. DEALER TOLD ME COLD CAUSEING RELY TO DELAY. I ALSO BELIEVE THEIR IS A UPDATE IN TECH MANUAL !! 3:16 (tony)

My 01 has always done it when its really cold. It always comes on after a few minutes. Nothing to worry about.

There is a new updated headlight relay, I just looked it up in the 02 yamaha snowmobile technical update book...Part number is "90891-50137-00"..it says its cost like 7 dollars..check with your dealer..... ;)!

mines is doing the same thing in extremely cold weather (no headlight!!!) but the tack and gauge lights are also not working till it warms up. anybody else have the tack and gauge light not work for a few minutes on their 02 srx???

Was up in Maine thsisweekend, samething happened to my 02 srx for 3 days straight, at temps around 0 to -15F. After few minutes, gauges and light would always come on.

Mark

No need to worry. This is all part of the same issue. Mine has done it since new when it's really cold. Head light, tach, and gauge lights. They always come on after a few minutes.

tomseal6 said:
mines is doing the same thing in extremely cold weather (no headlight!!!) but the tack and gauge lights are also not working till it warms up. anybody else have the tack and gauge light not work for a few minutes on their 02 srx???

The update is not for the '02 SRX. I bought the relay for my '02 and it won't fit; the female/male plugs are not compatible. I just wait the couple minutes as everyone above has stated and it seems to work fine after that. 5500 miles now and it's only done it four times.

Jon

ecopter, I'm confused. Will it fit an 01? I can't just plug the new one in, it's different. I was told to use the new wiring included but I'm lost.

I ordered the part number out of the '02 Tech Update Manual and it did not fit my '02 since the service bulletin refers to it being an '01 problem. My thoughts are that they changed the harness for the '02 model, therefore the updated plug does not fit (since it's already done). If you look at the Service Bulletin, you'll notice the problem described is not the same as what is happening to the '02's. It's not a stalling or not starting problem which involves the low beam/high beam, or the engine doesn't drop rpm and shut off; the '02s are simply losing their tachs, headlights and tail lights until it gets warm. So basically, this is a totally different problem, however the harness still will not fit.

Jon

Mine did the same last year and I replaced the "load control" relay. It is on the left side behind the plastic. I replaced it this summer, and it has yet to happen this year in temps below -20. Hope this helps, I had all the same simptons.

Back