Stud pattern

I found making our own worked better. You can use the pattern to get you started but then alter the pattern a little each time for maximum scratch lines.

if you go on the outside make sure you go every pitch.......it helps prevent pullouts

Unfortunately, I read this post after the studs were installed. I went 144 up the middle with woodys double backers and on the outside every other pitch. I haven't got it on clean ice but once it digs thru tthe top few inches of snow and hits ice ,she hooks up real good, skis don't touch the ground.
my question is Should I install 48 more on the outside to lessen the chance of pullout? Not sure if 240 is too much.

What are you using the sled for? Trail, lake, drags, speed, 500ft, 1000ft, longer?

You said ice but is that all?

Many variables here and number/type/pattern/location will could be different depending.

For river racing we run 92 sharpened carbide tipped down the center and it's about perfect with 10" of sharp carbide on the skis if the suspension is setup right. More than that shaves top end and causes to much push in the corners. On a 500ft drag you'll need 240 (depending on the type) to get off the line and up to potential at the end of the track. Conditions and setup will make a difference here too.

The correct answer needs more info.

opsled

Mostly running the lakes. When the strip is plowed it is 660'. I tried 192 carbide gold diggers in my 750 and was disappointed with the traction. I decided to run chisels in my 800 because I want it to hook up good. Ive got 35/22 gears, hauck 'v' helix(51-43?) and stock primary(probably gonna run hauck blue or orange). Stock psi piped 800. I want it to hook up good off the line is my goal. I have been challenged to few races.

Back