sx-r700 clutching imput

squeeve10

Bought this sled with bender can, bender traction bar things, bender clutching, vforce reeds... 8,200 rpm......i installed bender tripple pipes.. Now its at 86-8700rpm... Clutches and belt are quite warm to the touch... Not burn you but petty darn warm...... I know it needs to spin 88-9000rpm... It has solid black secondary spring, bender helix, and black with a blue smudge primary.... engages at 4000 rpm... I'm outrunning a 98 srx700 bottom to top by about 1-2 sleds consistently ... I put sharpy marks down both clutches... Primary has about a 1/4 inch line left up top... Secondary is same but of coarse line is left down bottom... any input greatly appriciated

First of all Benders are supposed to run about 8500 rpm's. There very close to stock rpm. Do a search there's tons of setups for these sleds with benders. Btw you have the best pipes for these sleds....

Thanks.... I did search. And everything everyone said was for their own clutch set ups... 89-l with 2.4g at tip stock springs... ow w-w-w spring w-g spring with 8ca wit 3.1 and 3.4g ... But I'm wondering how I know if what I have now is going to work... Its not over revving, but clutches and belt are pretty warm, and from what everyone says I'm 300rpm shy of peak hp..

I'm sorry I'm just getting a bit frustrated . Mostly because bender apparently does not like to share their specs... I haven't pulled the weights off yet to see what's on their because when I took her for tge test run its fairly close... thinking maybe take it from 6 on tge helix to 9 may help it out?

Back