Slide rail lube kit

srxguy

I just finshed installing a lube kit for the sliders on my srx...I hope to try it out this weekend and see how it works...Its a washer fluid bottle with an electric pump and it pumps antifreeze down to the sliders and it supposed to help on the top end..I will keep you posted...... :rocks:

Go Go gadget!!!! Ice scratchers do the same thing but also spray snow on the heat exchangers to help cool the sled!

I figured I would give it a try, I only have like 20 dollars invested, maybe I will invest in the ice scratches to...lol................... :WayCool:

slider lube

been there done that on our race sleds washer pump moters dont run on ac thet req dc you will need to install a rectfier to change from ac to dc. the simpler route that we and others did on ower race sleds was to drill a small hole in the defuser cone on one ex pipe and weld a 1/4in pc off steel tubeing and use this to presserize the bottle and use a small ball valve ( 1/4 turn ) one the outlet side as a control ;)!

black john said:
been there done that on our race sleds washer pump moters dont run on ac thet req dc you will need to install a rectfier to change from ac to dc. the simpler route that we and others did on ower race sleds was to drill a small hole in the defuser cone on one ex pipe and weld a 1/4in pc off steel tubeing and use this to presserize the bottle and use a small ball valve ( 1/4 turn ) one the outlet side as a control ;)!
...Not sure about that, but mine seems to run fine..I ran a full tank throught it already with no problems,,

hope your running the environment friendly antifreeze. can you imagine the amount of antifreeze spread accross the trails if thousands of us did this? i dont get the hyfax thing, i had thousands of miles on my sxR and srx sliders. i used the tech pages guide to drill the hyfax, tightend the limiters up, put thinner spacer on the bottom of my transfer rods and ran the idler wheel relocation kit from pioneer. (you can run oversized idlers and it will do the same for less) and loosened the track tension. i understand what your doing but i dont think adding a coolant spreader is the answer. find the root cause of the wear, and address that. try any or all of the above. but riding on sheer ice, dirty snow, ect... will shorten the life considerably. fix the cause not the symptom, and the problem will relieve itself. not meant to be a flame or sound harsh, if i do come accross that way, i appoligize. it was not meant that way at all. ski

No I did not do it for the wear..I am running 1000ft times and top speed runs on the radar gun...Trust me it works...and yes I have the right antifreeze and I am not running on trails... ;):D

Back