New 2014 VK540IV blown plastic skis on EnticerII410........

Evaluation... ?

Just finished installing a set of Yamaha blown plastic skis on my fathers 1996 ET-410II.
These are the skis that are new on the 2013 + 2014 European/Russian VK-540IV.
They give a lot more floation, way more stable, and remove about 12 lbs off the front nose compared to the OEM steel skis with skins.
they are 228 mm wide.
They really makes a difference hauling wood with two people on.
low slung

Can you write a detailed evaluation of these skis ?

:confused:

Last edited:
A little increase in steering effort with these skis over the stock steel one(with skins).Much more stable on turns and off-camber terrain.Much more floatation in light snow(VK540,and ET410II suffer from all the weight over the nose,skis really help to fix this issue).They are pretty durable(Ran over some sharp rocks this past winter with only a light stratch,expected them to be ripped open).

A little increase in steering effort with these skis over the stock steel one (with skins).
Much more stable on turns and off-camber terrain.
Much more floatation in light snow ( VK540 and ET410II suffer from all the weight over the nose, this wide skis really help to fix this issue ).
They are pretty durable ( Ran over some sharp rocks this past winter with only a light stratch, expected them to be ripped open ).
All Yamaha TSS sleds have the above problem. #$%&*

Wide ski.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I love what you did with those vk skis on the enticer. I'm trying to order all the parts for the mod but am having difficulty finding the p/n 8JH-23754-00-00 (collar x4) The ones I can locate are all in Europe and shipping is over 50$! Wondering if you know of any part #'s this will cross with?

Thank you for your help!

Corey

Pretty sure the 2004-2009 VK540III sold in the US market had plastic skis from the factory.I think they are the same part for both skis designs.

I ended up paying dearly for them, that is ok, all said and done I'm at 310$. I can live with that! Thanks

I also found this picture on another blowmolded Yamaha ski for deep snow flotation:

GYTR.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got all of my parts in to install these on my 410, but there seems to be a fitment issue with the 8JH-23754-00-00 (collar x4). they have an id of 5/16" and an od of 1/2". The holes for the bolt to go through on the skis is 3/4". So the bolt for the skis is 3/8" so it won't fit through the inside of the collars, and the collars are too small/sloppy to fit the hole in the skis. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, the "stopper" just rests in the cutout of the ski (after the plates are removed)? Did you fasten it in at all? Seems like if would rattle around a bit...

There seems to be a fitment issue with the 8JH-23754-00-00 (collar x4)
they have an id of 5/16" and an od of 1/2".
The holes for the bolt to go through on the skis is 3/4".
So the bolt for the skis is 3/8" so it won't fit through the inside of the collars, and the collars are too small/sloppy to fit the hole in the skis.
Pictures of your problem ?

Since Yamaha uses the METRIC system on everything on the sled, I strongly recommend you get metric nuts and bolts.

I was just using standard measurements for reference only, (plus my measuring tape didn't have mm). I did order the correct bolt that you used. I also just ordered 8HR-F3754-00-00 (x4) which appear to be the correct collars I'm looking for. I am still curious on the metal plate "stopper", does that just rest in the bottom of the ski or did you fasten it down somehow?? Thanks Again, Corey

I was just using standard measurements for reference only, (plus my measuring tape didn't have mm). I did order the correct bolt that you used. I also just ordered 8HR-F3754-00-00 (x4) which appear to be the correct collars I'm looking for. I am still curious on the metal plate "stopper", does that just rest in the bottom of the ski or did you fasten it down somehow?? Thanks Again, Corey

The metal plate fits in the ski(just rests there) and under the rubber block,same rubber block which is under the strut spindle.P1300047.jpg

Last edited:

Back