Stock, Boyesen, VForce3 ?

I have vforce 3's in my 02 srx...I love the throttle responce, but they are not cheap, and most guys will tell you to keep the stock ones anyway.

V-Force 3's are a waste of money. I, and a good friend both were running V-force 3's, and went back to the stock reeds. The V-force are just a hassle. They chip and crack way too easily. Even the updated pedals chip, and peformance goes down the tubes. My buddies cages actually broke in the middle (where the stuffer would go), and went right through the motor, so Mototassinari sent him updated cages as well. I must have cracked or chipped 20 pedals myself. Luckily, they keep sending me new pedals, but i'm getting sick of changing them. If you really want them, and I don't recommend them, but we're selling both of our sets, with brand new pedals.

i replaced my stock reeds at 3000 miles. they were just starting to chip on the edges. i installed boysen rad valves. i have only put 200 miles on them since they were changed but i am happy with them so far. since i installed them over the summer it is hard to tell what kind of difference they made, but the sled seems to be running as good as it ever has.

how come everyone says to put some aftermarket pedals in the stock cages instead of the vforces? i mean, they have the same carbon fiber pedals right, and they say that they crack? i don't understand why the pedals would crack on the aftermarket cages and not the stock ones? anyone know why? thanks!!!

I was talking to someone over the weekend, and he had many problems with cracking of the VF3's, but switched to Boyesens and not had a cracking problem yet. But again, this is one instance one guy. I was thinking there would be some quicker response time by switching, but it is startign to look like just another headache.

the aftermarkets are a little more prone to cracking than the stock ones because they are a stiffer carbon material so that they react quicker to pressure. Harder pedals = more brittle = more prone to cracking

Back