Resistor in Temp Sensor -?-

fordrewls

Hello, I've been told to search "concept carbon's" posts as he's had some past experiences with my issue; but his message box is full and I can't find any info associated. I've brought over a 98 srx 700 engine and threw it in a 02 viper. Have same carbs on it but using viper flywheel and stator. I'm getting one long light and 3 blinking lights which people have said is the temp light. Does anyone know what wire, type, ohm, etc resistor I have to run inline? Thanks a bunch, and happy safe sledding. Going up to the U.P. next week 10th - 14th.

maybe I can help u out with it ....but im not quite sure what u did ??your running a srx motor in a viper body ??do u use the srx cdi box and what years??

the srx got the signal from the cdi to turn up the light on ...the viper got the signal direct from the temp sensor ...the way I did is to run a wire direct from the temp sensor to the cluster ...if u want the color of those wire just let me know ...its the way I did it I never put any resistance anywhere ...I don't think concept carbon come online anymore since he sell the viper ....

the srx got the signal from the cdi to turn up the light on ...the viper got the signal direct from the temp sensor ...the way I did is to run a wire direct from the temp sensor to the cluster ...if u want the color of those wire just let me know ...its the way I did it I never put any resistance anywhere ...I don't think concept carbon come online anymore since he sell the viper ....

Mod, I'm using a 98 srx motor with 02 viper stator/flywheel, and I've been told to purchase a 01 srx CDI box. I do still have the Viper CDI box. Any input would be appreciated.
Josh

i would run the 2001 cdi with the srx pipe ...u will need to make some mod on the wiring for the cluster ...

so I dropped sled off to get clutches aligned and was thinking half hour to hour max. They called me back and said because they have to remove carbs, exhaust it will be more involved. 2.5 hours? Is it bad that I blew up at them? I told them don't even touch it, will be back tonight to pick it up.

u better buy your own tools to aligned your motor they are not so expensive ...u can't get access to the rear bolts with the carb in place ....same for the front with the exhaust in place .......u will keep your main harness from the viper ?

u need to put a resistor on the black connector harness at the cdi or run a wire from the temp sensor to the cdi black connector...a wire is missing for the temp sensor on the black connector of a viper to run the srx cdi ....if the cdi doesn't see the temp sensor he will throw a code .......if u need more info let me know ...on your connector black...on one end of the corner u have a yellow and black wire just underneath the hole is empty this is where u need to put the new wire.... at the other end both place for wire are empty ....hope this will help

u need to put a resistor on the black connector harness at the cdi or run a wire from the temp sensor to the cdi black connector...a wire is missing for the temp sensor on the black connector of a viper to run the srx cdi ....if the cdi doesn't see the temp sensor he will throw a code .......if u need more info let me know ...on your connector black...on one end of the corner u have a yellow and black wire just underneath the hole is empty this is where u need to put the new wire.... at the other end both place for wire are empty ....hope this will help
Well I bought some resisters so I'd rather go that route. If I were to go the route of putting a wire in the black harness, the other end gets connected to the temp sensor?

Well I bought some resisters so I'd rather go that route. If I were to go the route of putting a wire in the black harness, the other end gets connected to the temp sensor?

Nevermind, I re-read it... Not been getting a lot of sleep lately, (working on sled).

Ok so cut black wire on temp sensor and ran a new wire with 330ohm resistor to CDI box and now get one long and two quick? You know what that code is? If I can call you may be it would be easier? This is the final thing I have left. It runs great otherwise. Thx

Ok so cut black wire on temp sensor and ran a new wire with 330ohm resistor to CDI box and now get one long and two quick? You know what that code is? If I can call you may be it would be easier? This is the final thing I have left. It runs great otherwise. Thx

Also if I run just wire with resistor to CDI, I get temp light flash as well. Originally I did not have temp light, just engine

Found a document online. I used SRX carbs so I don't have the TPS hooked up. That might be whats causing it???

Back