Secondary shaft issue .. PLEASE HELP

innomob

Ok so here is my issue .. I had to remove chaincase, jack shaft , secondary shaft to change all the bearings on my 2002 Mountain Max 700 now everything is re installed im having an issue with my secondary clutch = No play at all when bolted up .. Im wondering is there a measurement that im supposed to have at the secondary end of that shaft to insure proper installation ??? Like is there supposed to be a limit on how much the shaft sticks out from the bearing ?? Because I have tried loosening the bearing and taking the chaincase cover off to see if I can tighten the gear more to pull the shaft out more or am i doing something completely wrong ????

PLEASE HELP

Did you put the bearing retainer halfs on the jackshaft thats behind the clutch with both of them on the moter side.

I keep it all loose and bolt chaincase and top gear on first. This should get you in the right position as the inner sealling ring clamps up against the bearing.

no the bearing caps are on the clutch side of the shaft .. please tell me i didint install this on the wrong side ?

Hate to say it but it looks like the jackshaft gota come back to get those caps on each side of the bearing.

Back