1995 Vmax4 Track replacement

Chibravo

New 1995 Vmax4 Turbo owner here....I need suggestions on the best "trail track" for this sled. Sled currently has stock, studded track. Looking at the stock track, I can tell it will not perform with the studs simply removed. No lugs to speak of !!!!

I want to just find a track that will hook-up well on the trail. No studs will be installed !

What is the maximum lug height I can run with no modifications to drivers etc ?

Thanks for any input !

X-force.jpgfreeride.jpgripsaw.jpg

I beleive that a 1.5 would be the biggest that you can put in there if you remove the Heat Exchange protectors, I would go with something like a 1.5 ripsaw or a Freeride 1.5 if you don't want to go that far you can also try a 1.25 ultimate traction X-Force it is really solid track holds up to the abuse from your sled

Anybody else got any input ? Can I get a 1.25" lug in there without removing heat exchange protectors ?

If you go to vmax4.com you'll find alot more info to this question. I've seen posts there where they did install 1 1/4" but shaved the lugs down where the coolers ran down the tunnel and leaving the rest.

I had two stock tracks go thru my 97 then put on a 1" 3rd window closed track very close to a freeride but not exactly the same on it. It's okay but not a great hooking up track. but it's decent pitching into the corners and out again which fits the goat paths i ride.

I also put a 144" x 1" on my 95 in the Hacksaw pattern. This one hooks up good but could be the 144" and M-10 suspension.

Now if you have a turbo on your's and cranking out some decent horse you might want to consider putting on at least a 1 1/2" and up and the suspension mod required to fit such track.

I agree with baron 8bu. Put the largest lug track you can on the vmax4. I've put 2 new tracks with new studs and another with new chisels. They both are pretty much useless for anything over 1/2 throttle. The engine just makes too much power for the small track.

I have a 1.5 track on my MM 800 and is pretty much useless even in the 136 I need this thing to hook I'm getting beat by 600's no matter what i put in for clutching

the OP has a turbo which going to be way more power and I gave him some awesome track ideas

Thanks guys...Yes, extending the track to a 144 would probably be just the ticket. I had a Viper Mountain, triple piped with the 144" and that thing really hooked up. 2" paddle I think.

When I put my 95 VMAX4 866 Mod together the tunnel side mount heat exchangers were still available from Bender[Tim was still around]. These heat exchangers mounted in the top corners along the inside of the tunnel and were just thin enough to clear the edge of the track.
On my 95 I found the biggest track I could fit in there with proper clearance was a 1.6", I also had to run 8 tooth extroverts.
I never used studs and raced 500' - 660' on snow.
With a Wahl drag race suspension and 121' the sled was VERY strong.
Even the best setup VMAX4 is going to suffer out of the hole but usually have the hp to win down the stretch...the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Back