Going from a SRX to a Nytro?

meat12

I know this is kind of 4stroke related but I dont have an account over there.

I am looking at a 2010 Nytro RTX SE. I am in the very early stages and only know he is selling it. I have not even talked to him about it yet. It is bone stock with the exception of a set of different skis. I have yet to ride it and will obviously get more answers when I do. However, until then can anyone tell me their impression, good and bad on what I can expect. Also what can I expect to pay for it? Its clean with around 2k on it. I have seen prices all over the place and dont quite know what to expect? Thanks in advance

Meat

I rode a 2010 for about 10miles and wasn't to impressed with it. Felt like my SRX pulled a lot harder and I can't get over the engine braking. Felt tippy on it in the corners but then again I am not used to that riding position. To me my old SRX feels faster

Going from a proaction chassis directly to the nytro on many demo rides, I like all of fx nytros. I would suggest an xtx though. The rtx is nice, but a little rough riding, and the extra track length of the xtx really make it perform better. You could always stretch it.

Even with low miles, it better be under 5k.

I made this exact switch. ... I went from a 2002 srx to a 2013 nytro xtx and I could not be more happy in my decision. The xtx is a 144" skid and it soajs up bumps that the 121" sends through ur spine and what a different ride from 2 to 4 stroke... took some getting used to but once u get the ride figured out its well worth it...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Getting the hang of it and setting up the suspension will be your biggest hurdle. I ride a buddies 121 once in awhile and I like it. First time on it I was rolling up to an intersection and standing to see over the banks. I let off the gas at about 10mph and the engine brake tossed me. I thought his brakes were stuck on. lol
As for speed, pretty decent. Always pulls a sled or two on my SRX but after 80mph I get him.
He has about 9000 trouble free miles.

Thanks for the input guys. I am going to take it for a ride when he brings it back to town. I may hate it, as the rider forward thing isnt what I am use to. I really like the idea of having a good reliable 4stroke though. horkn; the xtx crossed my mind but I am looking at this sled in particular because I know its history, and as you also said...the price is going to have to really right. I will wait to ride it first and report back with my findings. Thanks again!

Meat

I think you'll really like it, based on how you have your srx set up. The nytro is a very fun sled. But that fun is sometimes to much for some, as in its a little more of an "involved" ride. One of my only complaints is that it can be a little windy/cold of a ride, but there are plenty of windshield and side diverters, as well as handguards to take care of that. It's a very fun motor in a very fun sled.

Back