Craigslist finds. are these worth looking at? looking for a second/backup sled

As the sledding season tapers off better sleds will go for cheaper prices. Anyone trying to sell a sled as the snow is melting knows its a sell now or sit on it all summer.

Thanks man. The one I rode was the last link.. The one for 1450.. I think he will take 1200, so its right in my budget. Also its very clean, engine bay looks great, shocks are all rebuilt. New pistons and rings 1000 miles ago. New 1 1/4 track... He also had paperwork for a new oil and fuel pump from around 2000.. I'm guessing that may have been the recall?

If you look at the ad it seems to be good to go, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Here it is.

Fwd: 1997 yamaha vmax 600 xtc snowmobile (very clean sled) - $1450
http://duluth.craigslist.org/sno/4318173280.html

Well just before I pull the trigger on this xtc.. What do you guys think of this. The price seems right , but hasn't been rode much in the past 3 years. Would that be an issue??

http://duluth.craigslist.org/sno/4327632482.html

not really an issue on it sitting. just need to check for mice in airbox and exh. you would probably want to change the oil and go over it well but that is not enough milage for problems other than idler wheel bearings.

Thanks. I was thinking the y pipe and copper donuts if I go for it. Along with checking all drive and skid bearings.

Just my 2 cents...

For $1200 on a clean 600 XTC ya I think I would go for it.

Every sled has wear items so that's no where to compare one verses the other. The twin's get a bad wrap but they are fine motors. A few light mods and they aren't bad on gas either. I could get 13 on mine if I was leading the group. No they aren't the fastest but realistically how often are you going to need to break 90? I found that all of my riding was in the 25-60 range and with an upgraded clutch setup that speed range is a bunch of fun. I know for me even if I had 10 times the $1200 you are going to drop on the 600 I still wouldn't purchase a new sled. Not worth it in my opinion.

Back