1993 exciter 570

Smurphy1

Website
www.fwfreaks.com
Hey all i bought this sled today 700$ tell me if she was worth it!
DSCF1408.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1407.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1409.jpg
[/IMG]

it aLmost keeps up to seanmurphy26s sled the sx 700

Are u sure thats a 93 exciter? my sister use to have a 93 exciter and it looked way different as far as the graphics. Even the hood is different on your exciter check your serial # and see if its actually a 93 i would guess its a 90 exciter. Anyways i we use to have old exciters like that and they were good reliable machines, except for one 92 exciter that thing was a nightmare.

looks like a @ 1990 with electric start?
the later Exciters were Exciter II
sorry to say but it is not a 1993 ( unless somebody did lots of work to make it look older)

That's either an 89 or a 90. We had one just like it, but I don't remember the year. It was an alright sled. That one looks pretty clean so I guess you did OK. Sort of depends on the market where you live.

can a dealer run his ser # off the sled to tell the year because something is fishy
with it????? Sorry to say it is not a 93, reguardless what he thinks

That's not a 1993, most likely a 1990, still a good sled though, I had a 1993 Exciter II, I loved it, it was a great sled, plenty fast, my dad had a 1988 Exciter, that was a good sled too, the only difference in the Exciter and Exciter II was different clutching, rear suspension, I believe the carbs on the II's were slightly different and obviously the hood, fairing, and graphics were changed. For only $700 I'd say you did pretty good. Looks to be in decent shape, how many miles are on it? I think you'll be happy with it. :yam:

The Exciter is a 89. They didn't offer a 90 Exciter in the black & blue, just black & silver or red & dark grey. The Exciter II had also plated cylinder.

After 90 They Had More Air Vents In The Hood. I'D SAY YOU DID WELL. I USED TO HAVE A 87 AND IT RAN REALLY GOOD.

Last edited:

Back