1993 exciter 570

Smurphy1

Website
www.fwfreaks.com
Hey all i bought this today 700$ its all good shape here are some pics...
DSCF1409.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1407.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1408.jpg
[/IMG]

it almost keeps up to my brothers seanmurphy26 sx 700 but only in powder
did i get a good deal? somone answer this didnt they stop making exciters in 1992 like that one? :yam:

I can tell by the pictures but does that thing have a 2inch paddle??

The guy you bought it from did he buy it new?

If not I think I know who might have had it about 10 or so years back :neutral:

Thats a good sled you got there those 570 Exciter were quite the thing in there day

yeah its a quick sled heres what i need to replace on er... hood is a litttle cracked, track is wearing, (tire had a blow and kinda ripped er but it has been like that for four years), no studs, neeeds carberater cleaning(wait for end of winter),see in the pic missing front tire? got a couple new ones, this is mostly a 20-30-40 cost to fix its all little suff oh its liquid cooled, elec start, twin, jetted for speed, oh and the sides under the hood fold down it also needs a new hinge on one side but she still works.

Sorry to tell you, but that aint no 93 unless someone swapped out the cowl and graphics. In 93 all Exciters were Exciter II's. Those pictures are of a early exciter.

I replied on the other post and SORRY to say but it is NOT a 1993
looks to be @ 90 maybe electric start? for a few years std were red
and electric start were stripe in blue

thats sled not a 1987 , 1987 had a differnet hood and had red writing, 2nd it has the same hood as my 1989 but differnet graffic sceme. 3rd it was not the 87 seven that had the carb promble it was the 89 when the swtiched to a round side. 4th the 87 carb had a lil hard starting when warm. i know this because i own a 1987 and 1989 exciter. the 87 is a part sled and the 89 i use, for some strang reason the 87 carbs get better fuel milage.

so thats my story and i'm sticking to it

yes '87 carbs DID have issues with frothing as a result of the vibrations of the engine. The boots also had something to do with this, allowing too much of the vibration from the engine to get to the carbs. The vibration caused the fuel to froth, and when it got sucked into the engine, bam, lean condition and seizure.

Just bought this 1990 with electric start, 4500mi in pretty decent shape for $700.00 ! I have a set of 94-96 5-600 Vmax struts,covers,steering knuckles which will add 2.5" of travel after I widen it out to 42" and add a set of USI skies. Then I have a new Polaris 133"x7/8" track I'll put on after I drop the rear of rear suspension down 3" to compensate for the longer struts.

Attachments

• Feb27^75.JPG
    Feb27^75.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 14
The 87 I believe were a butterfly/float style setup which ran good but, were hard to keep jetted (anyone remember the infamous 82 SRX ?) I bought a New leftover 1988 Exciter in 89 with 38 Roundslides. Yamaha changed the jetting, needles and airbox design in 89 or 90 to eliminate the mid range backing off of W.O.T. seisures that were somewhat common on the 88's ( back then Dynotech did a article on the gas Frothing in the float bowls). My dealer put in a setup from Reichards that eliminated the Power jets and changed the needles to a different taper and I ran it over 5000mi and not a single problem ? B.T.W. the 87 Exciter had fewer vents in the hood and L.C. decals along with the Exciter emblems on the side panels

Back