Venture 600

dewzer

I have a three part question for this 2001 Yamaha Venture 600.
My first question is, how many turns out should the fuel adjustment screws be on each of the carbs?
I have the carbs off now and lightly seated the screws turning them in 1 3/4 turns. Each carb was the same.
Second question is, how do you set the cable for the oil injection pump?
Without removeing the motor mount, I cant see the pump so I am not sure if it has a mark or knotch on the pump body to align to the pump arm to.
Should I just loosen the cable and then just take the slack out of it or is there a spec on this adjustment?
Lastly, when adjusting the choke should I loosen the cable then just take the slack out of it?
I dont see a way to adjust these carbs on the machine with the limited space between the bottom of the float bowl and framework or is there a special tool and mirrors??
Thanks, Steve

27 views and no one here knows the starting point of adjustments to the carbs. thank you.
No one knows how to adjust the oil pump cable for the initial start up, Thanks.
And of course there is no one that knows how to set the choke cable. WoW.
I think I will pass on this sight.
I will try and remove myself from your registration as I am sure no one knows how to do that either.

easy now. I just found this thread.

need some more info as they made that sled in twin and triple and the oil setting is different on both.

the fuel adjustment screws typically go 2 turns out from lightly seated. I usually set this when cleaning the carbs but it can be done in the sled with difficulty if you have large hands like I do.

the choke cable is suppose to have about 1mm of play in the lever before the plungers start moving.

Its quit easy....

:whine:OK dude, first off it can overwhelming sometime to get a quick response, but do like most of us enter your quiry in the search box and you'll find your answer!!! But anyway,600 tripple fuel screws are 2 out from gentle seat while the carbs are off,to set oil cable firstly adjust idle between 15-1700 rpms. warm,next MAKE sure throttle cable is set for 1-2mm gap at the lever to the handlebar,this makes sure the tors is set properly-too tight or no gap will make the engine misfire and sound like its going to blow.NOW you can adjust the oiler cable,locate it by the carbs.it'll have a rubber sheath over it,this will seperate if pulled gently(warm)apart.Now the cable will be exposed.You gently pull up on the housing and measure the gap between the silver looking end (bottom cable)and the end of the cable in your hand.The cable is exposed and your MAX. distance should not exceed 25 mm.(least oil),generally 22-24 mm will give the proper ratio! That easy!! Somewhere if you search there are links that will show you EXACTLY what I am talking about... Have fun,thats what fixing and adjusting is all about no grumbling!

oil cable on my 01 700sx is .75-.81 inch gap. the fuel screw adjustment specs are on your belt guard sticker. now get your panties out of a bunch, this is FREE info that your asking for. haha, it can be frustrating waiting though.

Back