W-arm's not all there "cracked" up to be

TimmySRX

I have a '99 srx and yep the arm was cracked. I took it out welded it up and added some reinforcement. I am upgrading the shocks to '02 viper shocks for a little better ride. Now my question is whether or not people have ever run without the rubber bump stops in the w-arm. I dug through a bunch of post from a year or so ago and there is a lot of mentioning of taking the rubber bump stops out as they were part of the problem. Mine are pretty worn out, the ears are torn off and I just wonder if I should bother replacing them, if enough people took the adivce from the older posts and have been running without them. Just checking to see what everyone is doing, or if people had or hadn't heard of this.

I took my rubber bumps when I first got my sled & ever since never had any more cracking issue wuth my w-arm.Ido alot of jumping with my srx,not easy on the sled yet haven't seen any cracking.I would just rip em out.worked for me

Just my thoughts = <2cents

I thought the bump stops were suppost to help prevent cracking by cushening the last bit of travel in case of bottoming out??????????

My 97 700SX did not have them stock, but yamaha help pay for a new front shock of the rear suspention and a new W arm when i broke mine. The bump stops were included in the upgrade and warentee work.

Now I have the sled dialed in well and my bump stops are still in great shape.

I think if you get it dialed in correctly and have the FRA in the center you can easily ajust for a softer or harder ride depending on what you are going to do or what the conditions are.

Tod

Back