Bumpy trails are not a friend of my srx
The power is so awesome but I want to be able to handle some bumps
Thinking 136" Apex
Cant afford any near new
What to do?

Last edited:

True...just not a lot of suspension fornt or back in these old girls...lol
Not sure if I want to invest money in it that I will never see back

Put a M-10 on my wifes SRX and she said it rides super nice. Now we just ordered boss seats for my viper and her SRX so it should ride like a cloud now.

take off suspensions can be found for pretty cheap but long travel on the srx rear is just shocks and transfer rod changes. they can come from a viper or sxr that some one is parting out. tunnel, track and rail extensions can be come by the same way. try pming viperking or betheviper as they might have the parts hanging around and are willing to make a deal on them as a package.

Can't bring myself to sell it...lol
I guess I will be lookng for long travel shocks

I put a Mono RA skid in my 2002 SRX and I can tell you it's well worth the work, night and day difference in the ride. This year I added a widened, light weight front end package with Viper Ohlins to complement the rear suspension. Sled still "rails", same power, same performance, same great mileage... you get the idea!

What kind of speed loss are you guys looking at with either new skids or just long travel shocks?

Look at SSB post's... long traveled, long tracked, lots of tricks, and well over 110 MPH on GPS... I wouldn't call that slow! Through the trails I can ride faster in more comfort. All out top speed runs, yes, you want to be slammed down but that's not trail riding. To answer your question, IMHO, speed loss on a stock sled is negligible.

Not really into top speeds anyways
I just don't want to loose that crazy pull to 90 or 100mph
So if I was going to look for a 136" skid/donor sled which would be the best and or easiest to install?

Last edited:
any could be done but a pro action venture 136 would only need the mid + rear mount installed as the front is the same as the srx.

Browse through the working log area....plenty of these mods have happened with detailed Information about ease and how to....I would do the research then base your decision on what u think will work best for you and your abilities because different skids come with their own hurdles... but like I daid before plenty on threads on this... good luck!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I just put a mono 136 in mine and by far the best upgrade hands down. I have the EC ohlins in it too. Rides amazing... I also just got in a viper im parting out if you are interested in the front stuff. Let me know. Im in no rush to take it apart til it warms up but if you want it, Ill save it for you. Pm me if you are. Thanks

I sent you a pm
Not many 136" skids for sale near me
Might have to buy a part out sled to get what I want

Found a 136" skid and track from a 02 Grand Touring doo
Is that version of the sc10 any good?

I would highly recommend the mono, even the 121 would ride a LOT better than before. I wouldnt limit yourself to a 136. could always start with the 121 and extend if you still were not happy

That's a great idea
Save me the cost of a track
locally there is a skid from a 07 apex gt and a 03 rx1
Thanks

Last edited:
FYI 03 RX1 is still the proaction unless it has been swapped out. 07 Apex GT is the mono with Ohlins EC shock. You'll need an interface to use the EC adjustability, see what JDViper did for his, and there may be others on here that did the same upgrade, have to search for it.

07 sounds like the way to go. 05 rx1 was the only rx1 to get the mono

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back