Anyone using SPI throttle extension??

BETHEVIPER

Life Member
In the hunt for easier pulling throttle for less money, I found this part number for yamaha only, spi extension 62-08005. Their other extension specifies not for dual cable sleds. This one does not so I am assuming, it is made to pull two. Anyone ever use one of these and did it keep the same amount of throttle pull?

If these work, it is a far cheaper alternative to buying the two part number from yamaha, not to mention, alot easier to install.

A few years back I bought a pair of spi cables for my viper since I put 4in bar risers on it. Being a 03 viper it was the dual cable. There is a reason these cables are cheap because they are junk!!! When I went on my first ride with them I could tell the difference in the throttle pull. They pull really hard and I didn't care for the feel of them. I ended up going with 03 mtn viper cables which pull easy. By the way it was not an easy install on these cables. They are not cable extensions, its just longer cables to replace the old ones. The throttle was easy but the oil cable was a different story.. Hope this helps you out.

no, I have had those as well. This is a true extension slide system, you hook your cable in one end, and a cable comes out of the other that attaches to the throttle. Gives you 10in of extension to stock cables for 20bucks but I don't want to use one if I am going to have the same issue as the long cables from spi and rsi

Scott just go with the 03 mtn viper cables. Much better install and reliable. I just did my wifes sled with apex bars and risers, turned out awesome and very easy pull. The oil cable is a PIA but just remove that motor mount and you can get right at it.

Back