Expert X

I put one in my brother's sled in december, and one in my friends viper a month later . They both love them

I installed one in my viper 2000 miles ago. I absolutely love it. very high quality product. all the rails and other components are cnc machined from billet aluminum.
honestly this thing is a piece of art. oh ya and it sucks up the bumps like you won't believe. i think they are available anodized in different colors now. i guarantee you when i get rid of the sled the original rear skid will go back into it and i will keep the expert x for my next sled.
the only negative things i can say about it are that it holds a lot of snow and ice
which can make the rear end heavy to lift.
i have seen my share of m 10's and i know that it is a good product but i dont feel it is in the same class. i can even say the clincher for me between an m10 and the expert x was when we pulled up to three guys on the side of the trail to offer some help. one of them had an m 10 suspension and the rail had cracked / broken and the rear shock was dragging on the track. ther were 200 miles from home. we found a log and forced it througk the rails and the tunnel so they could drag it home. that was it for me. thats all i needed to see.
good luck with whatever you pick

I noticed a tech bulliten in the tech section saying they had issues with rails cracking,has this been resolved?Did you loose any top speed with your viper?thanks-Harvey

I put a non X expert in a few years ago, the same time I put in a 1.25" track
no top end loss noticed, great ride and hookup, hyfax last forever.

had to crank the preload on the ski springs a little.

I have had one in my sx for three season. I can not say a bad word about it other than once in a while on heavy front skid landings there is a little kick back. Awesome top end and weight transfer.JW

has anyone had any tunnel clearance issues with the experts? i got a ripsaw 1.25" and wanted to run a few studs down the center and put it on a expert but i've been told this won't work. couldn't i drop and roll the chain case and use suspension drop brackets? thanks!!!!

Harvey
i did not notice any top speed loss. or any type of performance loss. the sled sits a little higher than stock but thats about it. buy the damn thing. you won't regret it!!!

sxviper32
to the best of my knowledge you can solve that problem by changing the size of the drivers. i think the clearance problems are with the front heat exchanger not the tunnel. from my instalation, i know that the instructions with the expert x are very good. i don't think you will have a problem. i am running a 1.00 track with stock dia antiratchet drivers. don't quote me on this because i did it 2 years ago but i think the yamaha drivers are 9 tooth and i think you can drop them to 8 tooth (i think??)
I am pretty sure this is the info i was given when i was setting my sled up.
I would have installed the 1.25 track at that time but the track i wanted was not available. (out of stock)
my sled is in maine and i am in mass right now so thats about all i can offer for info.
you might want to contact a place that installs them (expert x) just to be sure. go to the website www.adboivin.com then you can get a dealer list from there.

I think the track slap is worse on the expert which causes the problem with the studs. From what I've heard its the tunnel not the front heat exchanger that's the problem. So I'm not sure the drives would help the problem much. Mine does have a couple of nicks in the tunnel near the tunnel bulkhead connection. I have a 9830 with 1.125 studs I think.

You can put the Expert wherever you want, but with the stock suspension you need to go with smaller drivers to clear the long studs. I don't see how changing the suspension would change that

aSRX600guy said:
You can put the Expert wherever you want, but with the stock suspension you need to go with smaller drivers to clear the long studs. I don't see how changing the suspension would change that
Your're right. The expert is not the limiting factor of track/stud length. If it cannot be done the proaction its not going to work on the x either. JW

The expertX gets closer to the tunnel than a proaction skid. I had studs with the stock yoko .92" track, but was told I don't have clearance in the tunnel middle to back for a studded 1.25" ripsaw.

Back