Widening Kit?

Yzed608

VIP Member
I know widening kits have been made for past sleds (440 Exciter and phazer come to mind) but has there ever been some sort of a "universal" widening kit for the newer sleds? I was thinking something that mounted between the ski and column/spindle unit to offset the ski. I suppose it would would put more force on the spindle itself. Maybe a whole new spindle would have to be used with it incorporated? Otherwise it wouldn't fit down into the ski to mount correctly without raising the front end a lot.

How wide do you want to go? You can coax 1/2-3/4" out of each side radius rods and tie rod to gain a little. That is assuming they are not backed off a lot already. You may be able to go through someone like fabcraft who makes Cro-mo and aluminum arms and get a custom length made if you are going for something extreme.

Nothing crazy, was just thinking it would corner better with wider distance between skis. Not sure how much would be needed to feel a difference. This is what I was talking about with the spindle:
100_0817.jpg

(from http://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php?topic=72913.0).

Notice the spindle is offset from the middle of the ski.

Attachments

• 100_0817.jpg
    100_0817.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3

Back