SX700 hard to pull over

WarriorFrank

Does anybody know why the '97 SX700 would be so hard to pull the recoil? Ive had SRX's and we have a Viper and they all were easier to pull over. My '97 has 18,000km and runs like a champ!! It still beats most sleds on the lake but it is so hard to pull over. Is the recoil mechanism on an SRX or Viper larger in diameter to make it easier to pull? Will a recoil from an SRX or viper fit on to the '97 SX700?
Thank You for your help.
Frank

The older red heads did have a smaller diameter wheel. You might be able to frankenstine srx parts in there but the whole recoil wont fit. The newer (00/01+) red head have the large wheel and will bolt right on

Yep, when its colde out the sx is a beast to pull over. ,don't know why exactly but mine has always been that way. What I do is roll the clutch over by hand a few turns first then , go back and pull your guts out ..usually helps though,

The older red heads did have a smaller diameter wheel. You might be able to frankenstine srx parts in there but the whole recoil wont fit. The newer (00/01+) red head have the large wheel and will bolt right on

When look the part up on a Yam parts web site it shows that 97-06 used the same part.

I get lazy when its cold out. Put some pre mixed fuel right into the cylinder. Pull it over twice really slow just to loosen things up then 1 pull and boom. She's alive. Tried and tested to -40 celcius!

mine was like that when the head gasket was toasted,i think the coolant in the cylinder???? after repleaced it ,it was easier to pull.

I go for the 1 foot on running board. Pull with one hand with all my weight technique. Even still. -30C, 140psi compression, cheap oil glazed cylinders ... Need i say more? One thing that ive done a couple times is shut the sled off with the choke and in the morning one good pull and shel fire up.

Back