Can't get Polaris Clutch off of SRX

tnc110

VIP Lifetime Member
I'm trying to get the polaris clutch off my srx. When I bought it it had a polaris primary and a team secondary. Why they put a polaris clutch on it I dont know. Maybe the guy was familiar with Polaris tuning???

Anyway, i tried the "water" method about 10 times...no dice. Even tried to heat it with a heat gun ( i read a torch might jeopardize the crank seal)

Is there something I am missing...does the polaris clutch require special treatment????

This clutch is in rough shape, spring is broken, cracks in sheaves... Just ordered all the goodies for a MrViper set up. If I have to trash this clutch to get it out its not the end of the world.

here is what you do, this has never failed me yet, tip sled on it's side, pour tranny fluid( water does not have any oily properties in it otherwise they would use water for hydraulics) in clutch bolt hole about half full, put puller in hole so threads are started good, put impact on puller, hit the trigger on the impact, the puller will act like a hydraulic ram when it compresses tranny fluid, it should pop clutch off, it gets MESSY when clutch pop's off but it does the trick. good luck, sometimes it takes a couple tries, RJ21

Last edited:
Update...I was just about to order a Polaris puller and decided to give it one more try. This time I used motor oil instead of water and a half inch breaker bar instead of the ratchet. I got my propane torch with a map gas and was going to heat it a little if it didn't come this time but it popped off! Relief!

I wouldn't want to come off either if my label said Polaris and somehow I ended up on a SRX !!!

I wouldn't want to come off either if my label said Polaris and somehow I ended up on a SRX !!!

No shiit....that clutch has gone faster than any other polaris part ever!!!!

Back