Off Brand Tech Help... Please Vote

Would you like a Off Brand Tech Help Section??

• Yes

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
not saying its a bad idea, but i have to agree. this site is called "totallyamaha" for a reason right? i think it would just start a massive brand war like on every other sled site.
This is not about brand wars or other sled sites b.s. It is simply about those members that own and work on or help friends with other sleds with problems. It clearly stated no brand bashing in the original post and tom and the rest of us mod will assure to that. I think the real spirit of this is not the guy with à 4 stroke cat turbo asking how to fix his belt problem. Its about my buddy who's got a trailing arm doo with a spark problem or how to change his track. I for one trust the guys here way before any other site.

This is not about brand wars or other sled sites b.s. It is simply about those members that own and work on or help friends with other sleds with problems. It clearly stated no brand bashing in the original post and tom and the rest of us mod will assure to that. I think the real spirit of this is not the guy with à 4 stroke cat turbo asking how to fix his belt problem. Its about my buddy who's got a trailing arm doo with a spark problem or how to change his track. I for one trust the guys here way before any other site.
i never said it was about brand wars, but there will always be those who are going to stir the pot and throw out a comment on a sled and spark a war. this site is great and clean, i would just hate to see it fall because of people fighting and ranting over off brand sleds. if you guys can do a good job moderating it and keeping it clean(which im sure you can!) then lets try it. that keeping it only viewable to members idea is great.

That sounds like a good idea to me. A lot of people own more that one brand and they love this site. So if they could get help from a site they already like and use that would be awesome.

Exactly. The best people on the sled net are on this site. Why not let them help someone else out too?

I don't imagine too many off brand newbies showing up to a Yamaha site looking for info on thier off brand sled so I'd expect this off brand forum to be populated with fellow TY'rs almost exclusively and not requiring too much moderator input.

This is a tough one, stay with me.... this site is awesome, great, knowledgeable members who share both expertise and experience to help fellow members. I think it is a GREAT idea as long as the "mods" can be on top of any nonsense that may arise (I'm sure they can!). With the restrictions mentioned above I'm sure it can work.

A lot of guys have more then just the big Y in there in there shop, I my self have Yamaha"s and cat"s, I say GO FOR IT!

I think it would be good for the site, no more HCS shit site, too many aholes there

Just my 2 cents
G

Back