quick question about carbs

rj21

Would it work to put 40mm carbs on a stock 600srx? I am looking for more top speed in 1000'

If you put bigger carbs on a 600 you may end up with a bog out of the hole and may not gain all that much on top as you need to expel the air more efficiently also. You may want to look into port work to gain power all the way from the bottom through top end. by gaining power you should also gain acceleration. My $.02

I cant get any race porting specs, a buddy of mine can do the porting if i have specs, he did his and others and he holds a nssr record

I decided to race my sled in stock class, after sat. nssr speed run in spicer mn. with a little clutch tuning and suspension changes I started at 89mph and ended up 98.93, I know there is a lot more I can get out of my little 600srx, I am already looking forward to testing next year, this summer I will be tearing it down to bare sled and replacing bearings that are very rusty, one question I have is how much compression should I have without going too far, I know I will have to rebuild it anyway because right now it is down to 115/110/118, I didn't want to rebuild for just one race. I used to have a 97 600 twin that would run at 150 comp., I don't know about this triple, any idea's?

Back