98 xtc 700 drve bearings ???

hessracing

Hey guys I have a few questions my 98 vmax 700 xtc has 7900 miles on it I know it has had the track changed by the previous owner with a 7/8" yamaha finger track I dont know if he has ever changed the drive bearings on the machine how long do these last? and what about the jack shaft bearings? the machine vibrates when your ridding it not bad not sure if its the bigger lugged track or if the track is to loose or if some of these bearings have seen better days i had other people tell me that i was ridding with that there machines were doing it as well from some of the brand new mountain sleds up there with the big lug tracks 1 1/2" paddels making marks on the trail?? just hope I can make it throught the winter and make it a summer project every thing feels tight when I grab it the paddle wheels and the secondary

Well, I change or at least grease the drive axle bearing every 2,000 miles or so. Easy to check, remove the speedo 90* gear housing. I also grease the jack shaft bearings. This is all done on preseason maintanence. If your speedo stopped working suddenly or has not worked. check the axle shaft bearing, could be moving around.

The jack shaft bearing has a little bit of play in it i can move it like a 16th of an inch and the inside of the belt is comming apart because of this! time for some new bearings and a belt its looking like just glad i caught it b4 it flew apart on a ride!

Back