SRX Pipe Problem

ManhattanMike

VIP Member
I have a 2000 SRX 700, the pipe farthest from the clutch split on the bottom, I had it welded at an exhaust shop and then this past weekend a 2" diameter hole blew in the top about 4" from the manifold. Has anyone heard a problem with their exhaust like this, or maybe have any ideas what may cause this. Everything is stock except for the silencer.

sounds like there's a plug or heavy restriction in the silencer on that pipe, and the increased pressure is finding another way out by ripping the pipe to shreds. I'd check the can for mouse nest or some other kind of plug.

either way, that pipe is probably cooked, your odds of ever getting it in tune again are pretty low

I had a powervalve on my O2 get gummed up at 1700 miles for the year last year. When it did it pulled the wire right out of it,backfired and blew a hole in the bottom of my pipe on the right side. Have you clean your valves?

i'm with junior, you have to have a heavy restriction of some sort, or some strong backfiring for it to do that. Was that area of the pipe rusty or weakened in any way?

Back