700 Redhead OEM parts availability

MM70001

Hey Redhead triple fans! just wondering if ALL OEM engine and electrical parts are still available from Yamaha. Have you guys found any parts discontinued/obselete?
Want to invest in my Mtn Max for a few more years but dont want to use questionable quality rebuilt cranks or aftermaket pistons etc.

Looks like pretty much everything is still available for the redheads. About the only thing I've seen thats be discontinued for some of those sleds are decals. I'm sure you'll be able to find OEM parts for many years, even if you can't get them through Yamaha there are alot of people out there that have NOS parts sitting around. OEM pistons are best but I've used aftermarket for many years with no problems and there is nothing wrong with a rebuilt crank.

Looks like pretty much everything is still available for the redheads. About the only thing I've seen thats be discontinued for some of those sleds are decals. I'm sure you'll be able to find OEM parts for many years, even if you can't get them through Yamaha there are alot of people out there that have NOS parts sitting around. OEM pistons are best but I've used aftermarket for many years with no problems and there is nothing wrong with a rebuilt crank.

Thats great!What brand of pistons have you used?

Ive had no problems finding parts new but they are pricey. In alot of cases a rebuilt crank is better than the stock because its been personally looked at and balanced/trued by an expert whereas the oem was built on an assembly line for quick mass production.

Yes I know that Yamaha parts are pricey but I dont mind paying for that Yamaha quality if these parts are available.I think all the bearings and seals are unique to Yamaha on the read head cranks,Would I be correct to assume that crank builders must have to get their parts exclusivly from Yamaha?

I've used the SPI pistons in sleds. I've used Wiseco pistons in my dirbikes but never in sleds. Some guys say to stay away from the Wisecos in sleds because they need alot of warm up time to prevent cold seizures.

Yes I know that Yamaha parts are pricey but I dont mind paying for that Yamaha quality if these parts are available.I think all the bearings and seals are unique to Yamaha on the read head cranks,Would I be correct to assume that crank builders must have to get their parts exclusivly from Yamaha?

yamaha doesnt make the bearings or seals. brand is nkn? or yk something.... you get the point..

Back