sx700 helix

mes882

Could someone give me an idea how a 51/43 helix would affect my rpms at wot. With this being the only change.

Or how an rx1 helix would affect my rpms/sled.

I would love to but I dont have one. Trying to get my r's down. I just dont have the money to just buy and test wish I did but I dont. The 51/43 helix is in turk set up in the tech pages. But No wot rpms are given with his set up. My sled has everthing in his set up minus the helix and gearing. So I am wondering how the helix would affect the rpms. It is my understanging the rx1 helix is a 51/43. Please correct me if I am worng.

What helix are you running now? Totally stock? What is your target rpm? Lots of factors at play here.

In Iowa about a 1000ft.

primary
weights 8ch 4.5 inner (17.2 rivet) outer 3.6 (13.9 rivet)
stock spring wsw
rollers stock 15mm

secodary
green spring (stock)
set at 60 degrees
stock helix 45 degree

belt is 89l with about 200 miles on it.

Engagement is about 3600. Sled turns 8700-8900 rpms at wot. would like to get that to 8300-8500.

Last edited:
you need more weight in the flyweights , and also try a 14.5 mm roller , that will take the R's down some too! also set secondary to 70 *

Can't you go down on the wrap on the secondary to drop rpm also? May be the first thing to try and the cheapest before you change anything. I'm running a 51/43 and pulling 4350-4400 rpms with the stock springs (60 wrap) but can't remember what in have for weights so I don't think it's going to help you.

Can't you go down on the wrap on the secondary to drop rpm also? May be the first thing to try and the cheapest before you change anything. I'm running a 51/43 and pulling 4350-4400 rpms with the stock springs (60 wrap) but can't remember what in have for weights so I don't think it's going to help you.

How many r's at wot?? 4350-4400??

Well I have been doing alot of reading on clutching, weights rivets, springs, helix, ect. Here is what I am thinking so far.

Option 1 use 8ch weights (stock) put 4.5 grams rivets in both holes, 51/45 bender helix 9860 or a 8bv-17604-41-00 straight 47 degree helix. 2 engagement shims. set secondary spring at 60 or 70. use stock rollers, springs. Then if we still have the some over rev go to the 14.5mm roller as yammy suggested.

Maybe a rx1 helix 51/43 but read they act more like a 47/43. or a bender 9960 51/47 helix

Option 2 replace weights with 8ca and 2.7 gram rivet inner hole and a 2.4 gram outer hole. Stock springs, rollers, helix,

Option 3 buy a bender clutch kit.

I am thinking option 1 right now. I think it would be the cheapest. I just want a good overall trail setup. Without the big over rev. I could live with that 8500 mark

What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Idk option one sounds like a decent plan ?

I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking. Engagement is 4 grand and wot for me is 8350-8400. Also 8dn belt. But like I said I'm not sure on the weights. I have read also that helix's from different manufactures very. Not sure what brand mine is. My experience ; As far as the 51/43 for trails... when my sled was a 121 with an inch and a quarter predator it seemed like all it did was spin. It also seemed like it had a flat spot mid throttle. Almost as though the sled shifted too quick and then lagged for a second. Now that I long tracked (144)and geared down (22-40)I like it a lot better. My sled actually hooks up. I was really eager to change the helix before the conversion. Now going to leave it alone for a bit and see how it goes. The only other thing I don't really like is the back shift on my setup. Would like a little more, may try a brand new green spring or go to a roller setup for next season.

Find a 47 helix from an srx, or put a 5.5 g 270 rifle bullet in outer hole....way better than Yamaha rivets. easy to work with

Back