Primary and v-belt question.

norwegian

So, I nicked my v-belt putting it on, a ever so slight piece came off one of the cogs, I'm sure someone else has done this before too. Should I replace this v-belt? it is almost brand new.

I bought a primary off this site, put on a sled with hauck #5 clutch kit tuned to engage at about 4200. This engages about 6500 rpm!
So I take off the clutch kit off this clutch and put it in my other clutch, it engages at about 4200. I noticed that on this primary (the broken one) that the rollers will not roll freely once you put the cap on, it will do it with the other clutch. I was told this clutch was off a 2000 or 2001 srx. So I guess the spider is bent? how do you bend a spider without damaging the sheaves? Can't find any other flaws with it.

thanks.

Primary seems to be working after all. I don't understand why it worked with another set of rollers of same size, but they roll freely now.

A very slight piece off one of the cogs should not be a problem.
There should be no damage from putting a belt on. Did you open the secondary to put it on? Rolling it on is not a good way.

Back