trailer storage???

s10mike

i am wondering if its ok to store my sleds in my clamshell trailer for the off season. it sure would be nice to free up that room in my polebarn. any pre storage prep tips?? thanks guys

I do,my shell is white though so it no doubt is cooler through the hot summer that a black one.Spray the metal parts down with the anti corrosion product of your choice and put the locks to the trailer and forget about them.One thing I'd recommend though especially after my first year storing my sleds in a trailer is leaving the oil tank level down and the cover loose so it can vent better.I found my fuel lines full of oil last fall and I'm guessing it's the heat building up pressure in the oil tank and forcing the oil out through the pump into the carbs eventually.

Take your belt off too,having it sit in one spot on the clutch for that long will let moisture sit there too and it will eventually rust,trust me.

Last edited:
I do,my shell is white though so it no doubt is cooler through the hot summer that a black one.Spray the metal parts down with the anti corrosion product of your choice and put the locks to the trailer and forget about them.One thing I'd recommend though especially after my first year storing my sleds in a trailer is leaving the oil tank level down and the cover loose so it can vent better.I found my fuel lines full of oil last fall and I'm guessing it's the heat building up pressure in the oil tank and forcing the oil out through the pump into the carbs eventually.

Take your belt off too,having it sit in one spot on the clutch for that long will let moisture sit there too and it will eventually rust,trust me.
had that oil thing happen as well, must be from the heat in the trailers

I'd also recommend relieving the track tension too. It'll take the load off the drive axle bearings and avoid pitting of the balls/race.

And now is the time to over-haul the shocks if that is planned before next year.

Back