Namura pistons

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I stopped at the local small engine shop to get an idea on what it's going to cost to get my SRX cylinder repaired through CV Tech in Quebec and the guy that owns it asked me what I was going to do about pistons.I told him I am ordering oem ones this summer and he asked if I'd ever heard of Namura pistons,which I hadn't,so he tells me he can sell me the entire kit for $250.That's pistons,rings,wrist pins,bearings,circlips and gasket set.I'll be putting in oem but I gotta say for that price it's pretty tempting especially if a person was on a tight budget,of course you get what you pay for too.

I tried running Namura in a dirt bike. I had a brand new cylinder from the factory due to my crank coming apart and putting a hole in my old cylinder, and the Namura piston was barely in spec for fitment. The piston lasted 3 hrs before breaking the skirt.

Come to find out a friend of mine has them in his V Max deluxe so we'll see what the long tern sustainability of them are because he isn't exactly what you'd call easy on his sled lol.All I know is my SRX will be getting OEMs.

I've seen mixed results. Just personally had 1 bad experience the 1 time I used them. I know a kid at the track that had great results in his cr 125.

Back