MM 700 need help!?

Kodman

i have a 2001 yamaha mountian max 700 and the on/off assemble that controls the carb warmers blew apart the other night what i mean by that is the side that goes to the cylinder head the brass fitting on that side blew out of the on/off assemble, so i used jb weld to put it back on and i had it happen again, anyone know what is causing this to happen?

coolant system is pressurized when hot. First time it blew out could of been fluke but im not sure about how well the jb was holding the second time. Are you overheating? is your coolant filler cap releasing pressure/coolant into the overflow? if you want to try and fix with jb weld again you can use waterless coolant such as evans which causes it to be a pressureless system so little risk of it blowing out again. Ive actually blocked this system off on my 600

im not overheating atleast the coolant sensor isnt saying i am, does the system play a big role or no? how would you block it off?

either your pressure cap isn't opening or its a faulty valve, so buy a new one. realistically i think a hose would blow off before the brass fitting would come out of the metal so i think it was just a bad valve.

Up where you are in the extreme cold I'd just throw a hose barb in there to eliminate it and have carb heat all the time. Most sleds with heated carbs don't have an on/off valve they are always warm. I turned mine on this year and forgot about it.

I would just take the longer hose and run it right to the fitting on the head and bypass the valve. In reality I always have mine on. So if my valve ever were to leak I would just bypass it.

Back