97 700 sx skid swap options?

yamahaha

Looking for a skid to replace the proaction that will ride better and drop some weight. I don't want a skid that has fox shocks, had an 800 cat and had to rebuild the shocks every year, what a pain. Some polaris have fox shocks, some don't, all cat do that I know of and skidoo doesn't. |Don't want to do a different Yamaha skid. Mine is a 121 and I ride only on groomed trails. If anyone knows the weight of the stock skid that would same me pulling it and weighing it....thanks.

your rebuilder wasnt doing a very good job. Even the position sensitive ones should last longer then that. Saying what youve said you already narrowed it down to a doo skid

I was told then I had the cat that all fox shocks should be rebuilt every year. Was this BS....don't know...like you said...looking like the skidoo skid is going to be my choice.

Theres 2 seasons on the fox ps3 in my edge skid and its goin good. The regular ifp ones dont last any shorter than most others. It is true that the ps1 and ps2 had issues with the gas and oil mixing on real hard hits. Both the doo and polaris skids are easy installs as are some cat skid.

Still don't have any weights of skids from anyone? Someone must have weighed the proaction from an sx?

I weighed them before, but can't remember for sure, if they were 55 or 65 pounds. I think the Poo skid I put in was about 10 or 15 pounds lighter, maybe even more. But that was 4 years ago...

varies on shock packages and amount of wheels used but i dropped nearly 20lbs with the edge skid (stock 97 skid with all metal wheels, steel shocks, bracing)

Back