100KMs last night - late season heaven

chilli

The calendar leads me to believe it should be getting warm, but with this crazy weather, our entire district is still showing all trails as OPEN (not even limited)

The conditions last night were almost the best we've had all season

Last year at this time we had no snow and it was like 55 degrees.

Anybody else blessed with amazing late-season riding?

i put on 4200 kms this year ridding out of north bay, hats off the the nbsc. this season is going to go into april by the looks of it

ah nice.... Yes this is the best season for the NB club in years as well. Very impressed. Rain coming tomorrow and more on the weekend... i think the groomers are getting parked

Since you rip in my neck of the woods, what are some of your favourite destinations around here?

I'm a fan of the Mica Mine run (formerly nb301 trail towards camp conewongo) and love the loop from lake nipissing to powassan, then back home on the D (710 to 700 to powassan - back on C102D to D from lake nosbonsing to near trout lake Mr Gas)

powassanloop_zps25a67ecf.png

micamine_zps1adfc849.png

lots of snow here going into April as well.Will be riding for another 3 weeks at least,staying cooler next week which helps and possibly more snow on weekend...so much for Spring...

pouring rain here right now +7 and sunny on sunday

AH well, hard to be sad when its been the best year in forever!

Still lots of snow out there, but the groomers will be parked for sure

no rain here,still a little cool.Will be riding some this weekend.By next Friday will be around plus 5 and there will still be snow to ride.Its almost coming to the end and was a rough cold winter.Did about 1/3 the riding I normally do.

All our trails closed up yesterday. It was limited so it was getting a little bumpy and hard out there anyways as the groomer had not been out. I took my son out at the start of the week on the enticer for our last spring ride. I was up at my buddies in Emsdale on this past weekend also for a speckled trout fishing trip and there was tons of snow...I couldn't believe it! Almost had to put an extension on the auger drilling through the ice! 2 years ago this time we were in the boat fishing! Anyways, excellent season for sledding!! We need more of these winters❄️

I love ridding the Mattawa loop, up the power lines to Tilden and Martian river. Bf trails are always amazing and fun. Did a run to notre dame and back in 2 days and that was thee best ride of my life. Running around west nipising is great aswell. If you run the d trail along the rail line and keep going past the bono field turn off you will find n amazing rail bridge

Just got back monday from a 900 mile ride. We left from Sudbury to north bay then over to temiscaming quebec then up to val-d'or the first day. The second day we left val-d'or up to lasarre across to cochrane and down to timmins. Day three was from timmins back to sudbury. The trails were in great shape all the way until the ride from timmins back to sudbury. The trail had not been groomed in weeks and lots of plowed roads, it really sucks considering it is the "C" trail, it should be better maintained. The trails north of timmins and into quebec are still in excellent shape but you will have to trailer up. They got snow instead of the rain last week and they where grooming still.

wow thats quite the haul.... I grew up in Kirkland Lake so IM familiar with all those places. I too and shocked about the trail from timmins back... typically it was always in good shape.

I assume the groomers quit early in that area?

There is a road section that ruined the D trail around here too..... after you get into Lake Nosbonsing and try to head over toward old train bed, you have to road ride for a good 4 or 5 KM and it really wrecks that D trail loop.... cuz to avoid that road section in late season riding, you have to go all the way across Nosbonsing, then back-track on BF 204 or 205 to get back to train bed.

I really hope we get land access back in that area

Last edited:
nbsc announced about a week ago that they are parking the groomers for the season. heres that rail bridge i was talking about btwIMG_0014.jpg
my god this winter was amazing, did you guys take advantage of the free qubece weekend?

ah ok, i know that bridge!! only been on it by ATV but I now exactly where that is.

No way to complain about this season though, best Ive seen in many years.

Makes me wish I had decided to turn my 99 into a 144" this past summer... could have had some fun in all the powder. Doing it this summer instead, got a 2001 SRX with only 3600 KMs as my new daily driver

the '99 is about to hit 19,000km :D

yeah there was so much snow, i spent a good amount of my gas playing in the waist deep snow along the pipeline.

Back