First time inspection on both sleds this Winter

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
well I decided to bring both my SRX and SXR in the garage to thaw out and do an inspection of the entire sled,especially the skid and suspensions.Also because it is starting to get warmer out,I want to give a shot of grease to all grease zerks.Well to my surprise I really didn't find much out of wack .On my 144 long track SXR there was only one idler wheel that the plastic bushing in behind was cracked up and most gone.The wheel was wobbly.So put a new plastic bushing in and done.All bearings are good through out the skids on both sleds.There are no missing bolts,broken bolts,cracked parts anywhere to be found.On the SRX the track was way to loose,so I tightened it up again.Front ends are also all good as well as ski tore out.
I am really surprised that after I did the 144 extension on the SXR that something may end up going wrong.I have done some pretty high and hard jumps with it and nothing out of the ordinary.Man that Cobra Track sure looks good on it and still looks like it was never used yet,same with the Kimpex track on the SRX.Waiting for some cooler days Monday and Tuesday to ride again,and after that temps start to rise above zero.Pretty happy with everything and with both motors running great as well as the clutching spot on this season.Oh yeah and no issues with the PV's this season..wow a first.These old Yamaha's just keep on ticking.Maintenance is the key.
:winterrul:2strokes::sled2:

^^^I took care of that one for ya Devinzz!!!!^^:o| a stud through a front heat exchanger followed up with a tow in to a tree. great season though!!!

Same here blue. About 1500 trouble free miles. Lost wife's oil cap (my bad) and a blown out exhaust gasket. Other then that what a great year. As you said they keep on ticking.

Troubles all season long. Filled gas tank, rode 60 miles, what the hell. Gas tank empty. Filled again, rode 70 miles, tank empty again. Now had to not only fill gas tank again but also add a quart of oil. Had this problem all winter long. Same with wife's sled. Damn Yamaha's burning gas and oil and making me smile.

Troubles all season long. Filled gas tank, rode 60 miles, what the hell. Gas tank empty. Filled again, rode 70 miles, tank empty again. Now had to not only fill gas tank again but also add a quart of oil. Had this problem all winter long. Same with wife's sled. Damn Yamaha's burning gas and oil and making me smile.

LOL,,,

Who was it that said--

" Vmax-4,,, The most efficient way to waste fossil fuel."

opsled

if you were paying our gas prices,you would not be smiling...I was getting around 14 mpg on my SRX last time out and was riding it hard as well..impressed by that

$1.50 a litre here. $1.60 for diesel. Remember those prices next time youve gota fill your sleds up!

Sent

Damn! I thought 4.34 for premium in the up was high....

we are now at $1.244 for regular
gas,Premium is around $1.379 ..both per liter.So it is costing me about $6.26 a gallon to ride with Premium.

1 US gallon =.83267 Can. gallon
1 US gallon=3.785 liters
1 Can. gallon=4.546 liters
anyways if you put 12 US gallons in your sled at $4.34/gal for premium,it costs you $$52.08 to fill
here if I put in 10 Canadian gallons at $$6.26/gal for premium,it costs me $$62.09
The difference is I still paid more,about $10.00 more for the same liters...not fair.So your gas is CHEAP there.

I gotten up to $70 for a fill up here ahaha (never really ran her dry before) and thats with 87oct

WOW. I thought paying four bucks a gallon 92 octane non ethanol was bad enough. You guys are really taken it in the shorts.
Just think of it as a premium price for the great adrenaline rush on snow.

great year for me, all my suspension rebuilds went well for me and held up. btw how often you you guys do your w arm bushings?
bent my already bent trailing arm on my sxr rhs, if anyone has one i could use it lol, my brake switch went dead but thats not a big deal, starter motor quit, and my buddy blew his 20 000 km track, it should of been changed so thats his fault. other than those few little things every thing went well!

Back