hand warmers

johnketch

i have a 2000 venture, it has a knob for adjusting the hand warmers.
the problem is that the hand warmers dont work at all, but the thumb warmer is on high ALL the time.
anybody have a clue whats going on here
thanks!

i have a 2000 venture, it has a knob for adjusting the hand warmers.
the problem is that the hand warmers dont work at all, but the thumb warmer is on high ALL the time.
anybody have a clue whats going on here
thanks!

Not one person knows ANYTHING about this?

Ditto, hand warmers could be shot, or some portion of them. Thumb warmer will almost always be hotter. My thumb warmer is almost always too hot however my hand grips react to the adjustment knob much more.

the knob seems to have no effect on the thumb warmer(allways full hot)

Check your wiring point to point and make sure you are not shorting out at some point killing one circuit and switching one on all the time bypassing the control knob. I'm not familiar with the circuit but I would check all the wiring to and from to make sure you don't have any damaged circuits. Get a schematic if possible and follow it through. Invest in a meter if you don't have one and Ohm out the wiring. I'm no expert, but have diagnosed issues like this just by checking out what should be. Sometimes you will find insulation missing and wires shorting to each other or directly to the chassis.

Best of luck.

Back