Limiter Strap Measurement

O's srx

VIP Lifetime Member
Can some one tell me what the min and max adjustment range of the limiter straps are?
I've got a 2001 700SXR skid, and no it didn't come with an owners manual or service manual.
Thanks

Are you looking for the thread length? Total length of strap? I have both skids out of my sxr's at the moment, I can get measurements tonight when I get home.

Yes, the thread lengths. I just bought a 1997 SX700 with a 2001 SXR700 skid in it. Since the 2001 is a long travel suspension in a short travel sled, I'd just like to know how much I can adjust the straps up on it. Right now I believe they're at their minimum amount (about 15mm from end of threads to bracket) and since the front is still the short travel Ohlins, the middle of the skid is pretty far down and when it's sitting on the garage floor, and the rear of it isn't touching.

I just measured mine, I will give you both standard and metric #. Total length of thread is 2 5/8 inch or 66.7 mm. Both of my sleds are set a little different (I just got the 2nd one). On the one I am familiar with, the nut is 1/4 inch (6.5 mm) from the end of the threads. The other one is 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) from the end of the threads. Do you know if the previous owner changed the limiter strap? When I bought my sled, the skid was in pieces. I replaced it with an srx skid and changed to sxr limiter strap , transfer rods, and viper shocks. Not sure what it would take to raise your front up, but I'm sure you could find in on here.

The mechanical limit range is 5-35mm but the manual lists different ranges on different sleds because of differences in suspension mount and maintaining control by not ending up with too much or too little ski pressure.

I just wanted to make sure if I pulled them up so the rear rails sit evenly on the floor doesn't go past the max range.
That's just what I was looking for.

Back