New yamaha

joejammer

Why does yamaha not make a new 2 stroke? Some people don't want 4 strokes. They must missing out in free ride and mountain segments
Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

I don't want a heavy azz 4 stroke neither so I'm riding a cat for now I mean shit they build the Mountain Max back in the late 90s through 2004 which was a good boondocking/mountain sled at the time and now they cant even offer something comparable to it in 2014 don't get me wrong the MM is still a nice sled with some upgrades but with out EFI which comes standard on all the sleds now. I think it would be awesome if Yamaha would bring back the MM with a completely new chassis in 2016 of course with a sweet sounding triple 2 stroke producing at least 160 HP and the weight right around the mid 400s but who am I kidding.

look forward to a new yamaha powerplant in the near future. The 3 cylinder viper engine is getting a bit dated as it hasnt really changed since 08 and based off of the older vector/ venture engine. It will no doubt be a 4 stroke which im okay with as long as weight is kept way down. Well see what cat does to expand its c-tec 2 line!

Check out a story in super trax magazine volume 25, no 2 page 15 in read valve. If yamaha already has a high pressure direct injection for a 2 stroke why would'nt they build one. Skidoo has 2 and4 strokes artic cat does polaris still offers both why is yamaha the only manufacturer that doesn't? I know yamaha was afraid epa boogie man but other manufacturers made 2 strokes epa compliant. So can yamaha

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

No more two-strokes Yamaha sleds in the future(except the VK540IV,there best selling sled only sold overseas).A month ago I figure Yamaha was done making there own sleds in japan but now I know different.If my info is right the future will see a all new sled built in japan.It may not stir the pulse but its a good sign.

Last edited:

Back