Front torque arm mount measurements?

Backwoods M Max

Anybody know what the distance from the drive axle to the front torque arm mount is on the 2000+ 141" mountain max sleds?

I'm putting an ez-ryde skid in this summer and need to work up a template. I wanted to use the front hole as my reference then I can go front and back from there. I need to be 12.5" back from the front axle (c2c) for the front hole then the rear hole is 26.223 back from there and dropped down 5.5" from the top of the tunnel.

It it looks like a straight forward install accept for having to remove some oem suspension mount plates because they are going to be overlapped. The rear mount is up in the tunnel so there are no drop brackets to mess with.

off the top of my head its right about 9" if you but a flat lobe on the driveshaft to the center of the front mount in the tunnel. i can easily verify that if needed, seems like i have posted the dimensions a few times.

with the ez's, the front mount typically clears the oem brackets, depending on track choice. i have only done a few installs for that skid and went beyond the dimensions to accomodate tracks. i have had good luck simply adding fabricated tunnel brackets using .125 aluminum plate. 2"x1" comes to mind for the size and i secured them with aviation style buck rivets. firm believer in buck style rivets. you wont know until you try them out. they simply dont fatigue or wear like the pop styles do.

I think it's more like 14.5" for the mountain skid. I've got it roughed up but not 100% sure on that number. These dimensions seem to be elusive.

perhaps i misunderstood your question. what is your definition of "front torque arm"?

for clarity and simplicity, theres three mount points on that skid. front, middle and rear. which one did you need? i have 4 mtn sleds sitting in my trailer.

The front mounting hole for the skid. All the aftermarket suspension companies with the exception of ez-ryde refer to the front mounting hole as the mount for the front "torque arm"

I'm hoping to find the designed engineering dimension, not what I can pull with a tape. I know it's close to 14.5" by measurement but I'm looking for the distance the Yamaha engineers drew it up for.

Back