Spring riding gear

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Right in town here where I live our snow is all but gone but less than about 3/4 of an hours drive puts me on rideable snow,which is for here unheard of this late in April.Usually by now I'd have to drive like 3 to 4 hours to find enough snow.The thing I find about riding this time of year is that all my gear is insulated way too much,well my bibs are,my jacket has a removable liner.I would really like to get out for one or two more rides but hate the thoughts of sweating just sitting still.What I'd like to buy for next season is a pair of pants rather than bibs but want ones that have a liner that will come out for warm spring riding.What do you guys wear that would fit this category?

I am in the same boat. I am looking at snowboarding - ski pants.

Also, just a pair of long underwear under the snow pants. This is how I have been getting by for years.

Last edited:
If you are into motorcycle or atv'ing I would use a set of waterproof bike pants. Usually have padding/wear pads in the correct area and are wind proof. I have a set of joe rocket ones I use on my wr in the spring and fall for the colder temps. Not too bad factory waterproofing but I have sprayed mine a few times so they work better in the rain.

Back