rockztoys LED hid review

Maim

Super Moderator
i was asked by rock a couple of years ago to test his hid kit for older sleds when he finished developing it. mrsled happened to mention that rock was looking for testers and i re-volunteered for the job.

i got the kit 3 weeks ago and as conditions where a bit warm for my test sled i did not get around to testing untill last sunday.

kit is an led headlamp kit with a cooling fan on the back complete with all the plug-ins, tie wraps and ballast for the kit. i installed mine in less than 15 min by the instructions but this may vary on some sleds. it still is a very simple install.

test sled is a 1997 et410 t/r that has been nick named betsy. i usually run an xenon head lamp bulb in this sled.

as i discussed with rock, i was going to show the difference between a standard, halogen, xenon and his led kit. testing ocured in my side/back yard after full dark with only me for camera and sled operation. red led in dash is rocks starter saver installed as a high beam indicator as this sled does not come with one factory. the green light is rocks power supply.

here are the video of the tests.

standard:

after i installed it i found out that the bulb was burnt. as i never run these anymore i decided to pass on this test as i did not have another bulb.

halogen:

this bulb came out of a 2005 sx venture as oe equipment.

xenon:

bulb i usually run in this sled.

led:

rocks led kit.

as you can see the led light was much better than either of the other tested bulbs. it does flicker at idle but the other bulbs go dim then as well. all where tested on high as well as low beam.

i like it a lot and will be keeping an eye open to purchase others when he makes them availible.

installed pics:

Back