switching 97 sx to 300w stator???

enticer300longtrack

Is it worth it? i hear the 01 and up sxr and vmax run smoother with the updated 300w stator. Is it true? This would be going on my mod sled... but i want to know what i can use from my sx... i read a thread and they talked about machining the cases and changing cdi and wiring harness and flywheel.... what do i all have to change?

I looked into doing this mod this past winter, mainly for the sake of running the dual headlight; I ultimately decided it was not worth it. From what I researched it sounded like the entire harness had to be switched over as well as the flywheel and stator, cdi etc. The case has to be machined and or welded to move the location of the pick up coil, for the smaller 300w flywheel. Is it worth the time, money and effort?? Idk... Depends on what you are trying to accomplish? If you are trying to use a race cdi setup or something, it may be? Hypothetically thinking... If my motor was apart already and i was in need of a crank or something, may look for a 01+ lower end...wiring ect... But for my situation at the time... the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Still want that damn dual headlight though! :whine:

Last edited:

Back